Avoid These Costly Mistakes: How Not Using These Simple Business Tactics Could Be Leaving Money on the Table
The average business owner in America is losing $3,000 per month…
This may seem shocking and unbelievable at first glance, but when you take a closer look, it becomes clear that there are many different tactics or strategies that can be used to stop this from happening. In order to make more money and generate more revenue for your company, you need to avoid these costly mistakes:
– Not having a sales plan: Having no regular or consistent way to sell your product.
– Lack of advertising: Putting yourself out there and not letting anyone know you exist is like saying “I don’t want any new business”.
– No website: A good website can make the difference between whether people choose YOU or your competitor.
– No social media presence: Social Media is a great way to communicate with potential customers and engage them in conversation about what you offer. This helps build trust between the customer and company, which can lead to more sales down the line!
These are just some of the most common mistakes business owners make every day! It can be easy to fall into the same routine day after day and forget that there are always new strategies you could be implementing, but it doesn’t have to stay this way!
Now that we’ve covered what mistakes small business owners make, let’s cover some of the ways we can avoid them:
– Keep a consistent, weekly schedule for yourself. This will help keep you on track with your business development, and it helps build the habit of doing the work that needs to be done for things to get done.
– Keep a journal or some sort of record every day so that when there are times where you can’t seem to accomplish anything, you can look back and see what worked and what didn’t. This can help you get more done in the future!
– Network with other business owners or entrepreneurs at least once a week, either over coffee or a meal. This can help you learn new strategies and grow as an entrepreneur! This can even be done online – have you heard about my course, Conquering LinkedIn?
– Create a social media presence for your company or business. Social Media gives us access to our customers no matter where we are, so make sure they know how to find us! There’s nothing worse than thinking about putting up a website only to find out you have no way of getting people’s attention.
– Make a list every day of the things that need to get done, and do them one at a time! Do not overwhelm yourself by trying to accomplish too much in just one sitting. It will only be frustrating for both you and your customers if they can’t reach you because you’re too busy.
– Make sure that all of your advertising is consistent with the message and tone of voice you want to portray for your business, then stick with it! It’s important that people recognize who YOU are when they see or hear about you in any form of media or advertisement.
What do these tactics look like in action? Here are some examples of how they could be applied to companies or businesses:
– An entrepreneur creates a sales plan that is specific and detailed, broken down by month for the year. They choose their most profitable months and create promotions around them so they can make more money during those times. This helps get new customers while also making the most of their existing customer base.
– A business owner puts up a website that is clean and easy to navigate, with links at the top to all social media platforms they use (Facebook page, blog, etc). They make sure everything has consistent branding throughout so it’s obvious who they are and what products or services they offer.
– A business has a social media presence that is unique and engaging, with photos/videos of their product or service. They interact with potential customers on different platforms in order to get them engaged and interested in what they have to offer. This helps build trust between the customer and business!
– An entrepreneur takes time each week to network with other business owners and entrepreneurs, whether it’s over coffee or a meal. This helps them learn new ways of doing things that they can then implement into their own company!
– A company owner creates a list every single day of the most important tasks (according to priority) which need to get done. They make sure not to do more than one thing per day, and they get everything done. Then on Friday afternoon, they sit down to see what worked this week (so it can be repeated) and also take that time to look for new things or strategies to try next week.
These are just a few of the ways you could use business tactics in order to increase profits and customer pipeline. It’s important to remember that with any strategy, it takes time for results to show up. Business tactics are not a quick fix or something you can do once and expect everything to be perfect tomorrow, but by consistently implementing them over weeks and months they will pay off in huge ways!
This is where I come in. I provide an objective third-party view of your business, and guide you towards profit! I offer a service where I provide you with step-by-step instructions to make the most of your business, which allows you to focus on what’s important – your bottom line! If this sounds like something that will help YOUR company thrive, then book your call with me today!
CTA: Help me optimize my business! https://calendly.com/daphnethomson/dt-consulting